Friday 7 October 2011

Say Hello, Wave Goodbye

In my last post I said about the Lady at work who was losing her job as a result of the department she works in being closed down due to cuts.

I was in the bookshop dropping some parcels off and I saw her in the bookshop and she came up to me and said that it was her last day today. I was shocked and I said I felt sad because even though I might only see her for a few minutes every day she always managed to make me laugh. I just gave her big hug and I said was going to miss her.

Today I went into the office to collect the post and turned to where she normally sits and I was shocked to see her desk completely empty. Any sign of her existence had gone. It all seemed very final and it feels like you are losing part of the family.

No comments: