Thursday 25 August 2011

Cuts.com

Everybody has heard about George Osborne's spending cuts on the news and on the radio but where I work it is happening all around me. Everybody is worried and there are news on the radio and newspaper of possibly more redundancies but this is already on top of people who have left.

As part of my job I visit lots of departments on a daily basis and just this week I heard that an entire department I visit is going. it is almost like a family and you see the same people everyday and I notice when people are missing. I feel sad because the Lady in that office is leaving. I have got to know her over 6 years and she has helped me on my way and she makes me laugh. Another Lady in the same office has been there for 19 years and she is leaving.

People went to a large union meeting yesterday and then later you see whole offices closed for meetings, people talking in small groups saying things like how do I know my job is secure.

Another department is going next July and Clare who works there says she is gutted because it has become part of her life and she doesn't know what she is going to do. She says you have to be grateful now for everyday you have a job. See what happens tomorrow.

No comments: