Saturday 2 January 2016

Your [Lifetime] Disabilty Living Allowance is Ending.

I had a really nice letter from the DWP before Christmas saying that my DLA is ending. I knew I was going to get the dreaded brown envelope from hell at some point and now I have got it. I have felt for a long time that the Government want to take as many benefits from people as possible. Whatever I think about it I now have to deal with it. I am worried if I lose DLA about what impact to other benefits if I do not have a DLA proof of benefit letter. Am I just going to disappear as a person with a disabilty?. Hey isn't that what the Government want for all these benefit claimants to disappear?. I thought it would be easy to ring up and ask for them to send me the form where I will have to virtually write my life story. However it was not that easy as they do everything over the phone. I phoned up the number and went through the options and I got to speak to one of the robots of the DWP who sounded like they were reading everything from a computer screen. I found it very weird. I also found some of the questions stupid like do they want to use information used in my current DLA claim included. They said after I fill in my form I may have to go to a medical so I said I can't wait having been to medicals for Incapacity benefit before. I now have the 40 page form PIP About Your Claim and I plan to get help from the Citizens Advice Bureau. However I may have to go to there office in town as when I phoned up I gave up as I was 16th in the queue. I have about 3 weeks to get this form done so here goes.

No comments: