Tuesday 23 November 2010

You Can't Beat a Bit of Bully pt.3

After my complaint I had to go to a meeting to see the big boss and the supervisor and basically they said that my heatlh is nobody elses business. They don't want to see me coming to work anxious. They told me that what she is doing is like treating me like the person who I was when I first started volunteering. I am not the person all wrapped up in cotton wool and things have moved on and I have made a lot of progress since then.

They said if I have any problems is to go and see them rather than contacting the agency. I just really followed what it said in the manual I got from the agency.

Since that time some new rules have been implemented in the area where I work and also due to the time of year my hours have been plummeting spectacularly. Yesterday I went to work and did 4.5 hours work and today I did 3 hours work. It will be lucky if I even do 20 hours work this week.

The woman in the morning seems to enjoy telling me there is not a lot of work to do and also seems to like to see me squirm when I have nothing to do. Going to work is kind of strange now because when I go to work I just go and pick up what I need to do and disappear. I don't need a lot of assistance and barely have anything to say. I am not very good in engaging in conversations or trying to keep a conversation going so a lot of the time I am quiet.

With my hours dropping and not doing any work in the afternoon I emailed the big boss today and I asked after I have finished working in the area I work in is there any other areas I can help in. He said he was going to talk to my supervisor and would be pleased if I could help elsewhere. I was quite surprised as I was expecting him to say no so I am going to see what happens there and I did it all by myself. It might do me some good to work with someone else or in a different environment.

Ta ta

Brain Blogger

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

National Day of Protest Against Welfare & Housing Benefit Cuts: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=181074851903167


An very important upcoming protest is to be held on December the 15th, 2010 around the country to protest against the ConDem(n) Government 's planned Welfare and Housing Benefit Cuts

http://www.intensiveactivity.com/national-day-protest-welfare-housing-benefit-cuts/condemn-government-1204,1430,411,35.html

Peter Durward Harris said...

Based on your three posts about the bully, I would have thought that the obvious solution - if you can find a way to make it happen - is for you to work in the afternoons instead of the mornings once the work load picks up again in the new year. At least you have a job. Make the most of it while it lasts.

Anonymous said...

I've just read your 3 part bullying and I wouldn't expect it to be over yet - you stated that she has an answer for everything and even undermines others by doing their work for them, the reason for this is she is showing the bosses that she sees herself as better than everyone else while undermining their own faith in their ability and puting them on edge (and you)

what you are dealing with is an office sociopath not just a bully - I know it's part of my job to investigate cases like this and I've seen it all before

Keep making notes of what's happened, been said, etc, and when. If it does happen again you will be able to show the build up to the final straw rather than just the final straw which when taken out of context can be seen as "nothing substantial" or "just being a little touchy about your disability"

If it helps you're not alone - try bullyonline.com there are plenty of stories on their that are just like yours

Stay strong and know that the "weakness" is not yours it is theirs. Bullying makes you hide behind "anonymous" sorry but I've been there too.

As PDH suggests it might be an idea to see if you can work the opposite shift to your bully so neither of you are placed in that position again