Saturday 15 August 2009

Its Not My Fault Theres Not Enough Tanks In Afghanistan

I love this comment I got in my comments box the other day, its just typical of the mindset that people think that blaming the long term unemployed and people on IB for the governments incompetence and the bankers greed:

kbo1964 said: jesus wept! i pay a fortune in stopages to support thieving scumbags!
why isn't the csa chaseing absent fathers
is this why the mod can't send vehicles to afganistan
james smith

James, I sympathise with you for paying a fortune in stoppages and the MOD not having enough vehicles and the absent fathers. I think you need to be knocking on Gordon Brown's door about this and asking the bankers these questions.

I would love to get a job but with a hidden disabilty and no work history for 10 years it doesn't really make me attractive to future employers. I do voluntary work to build up a work history and a track record and I have a good record of voluntary work and I am still trying to build myself up. Lots of people do voluntary work trying to build up there history and to try and get fit enough to get back to work but they are not recognized. As far as the government are concerned all they are doing is just sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle and drinking lager in the morning.

I want a job as much as anyone else, it would do wonders for my mental wellbeing and I would stop worrying about the nasty brown envelopes. I go to the jobcentre hoping that I can get somewhere but I afterwards I feel more depressed than before I went. I am so disillusioned. All they want me to do is apply for low paid jobs that are unrealistic and have no real prospects.

All the government and the Tories according to this article in the Times want to do is kick as many people off IB and onto JSA so they can save money. Will the jobcentre be able to cope?. Kick the 2.7m off IB onto JSA and you get 5m unemployed and then you will still be paying for me probably in higher taxes to pay for JSA.

see ya

1 comment:

Peter Durward Harris said...

I guess ignorance is bliss, but I'll add my thoughts.

1) if kbo1964 a.k.a. James Smith is paying a fortune in stoppages, his take-home pay is an even bigger fortune. But if he ever becomes disabled or unemployed, he'll probably be quick to claim whatever he's entitled to.

2) the CSA no longer has responsibility for recovering payments. A new body, the child maintenance and enforcement commission, was set up to do that.

3) The problems in Afghanistan have nothing to do with those claiming benefits, except that a lot of soldiers end up disabled, although different rules apply to military casualties so I'm not sure what they're entitled to.

4) Don't get depressed about your job prospects. Here's an e-mail I got from one supposedly sympathetcic employer.

----------------------

Thank you for your application. The job advertised is a very junior position and therefore not suitable for someone with your experience. I notice that you have previous experience in IT so have taken the liberty of passing your CV on to our IT department. I do not believe they have any vacancies at present but I thought it wouldn’t hurt for them to have it on file.

Good luck with your job search.

------------------------

But more recently, I did get an interview for a part-time (one day a week job). I felt I did quite well, but I still didn't get the job. Life goes on.