Monday 28 July 2008

Light Bulbs

Are the 4 free energy efficient light bulbs I received today from British Gas somehow supposed to help me save some money and make me feel better about the environment ?.

I don't think so, it is really more like the give with one hand and take with the other hand effect while they rob you blind with the rip off prices of the gas and electricity. I have been buying energy saving light bulbs for years now and I can't say it makes much difference to my bills because they keep going up anyway so why not just have cheap and cheerful light bulbs.

What am I going to do when I can't afford the electricity to put the TV on to watch Jeremy Kyle?, oh now, I have managed to slip Jeremy in again. I really need some therapy.

Will I have time to watch Jeremy Kyle when I will be out collecting litter, cleaning graffiti or helping change old folks incontinence pads?. I have nothing against old folks because they are lovely people but changing incontinence pads doesn't really appeal to me as a future career.

Money saving ideas here exclusively on How can you take it easy when you are already taking it easy.

I changed my mind since what I wrote earlier. I never used to be this cynical. Was it the bang on the head or is it putting up with years of government inflicted torture that's done it?.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those energy saving lightbulbs are full of mercury. When they are dumped on the tip, if they break the mercury in them reacts with a bacteria in the rubbish and creates a "super-toxic mercury". Here in Aus they are phasing out ordinary incandescent lightbulbs in favour of the energy saver bulbs which are supposed to be better for the environment when in fact they are much much worse for the environment..

lovely...

cheers kim